These Guidelines should be read in conjunction with the ELCGA Competition Rules 2021
1. FORMAT: All players must have a competition handicap and be a member of a club affiliated to the ELCGA. No player may represent more than one club during the course of the event.
Individual Knockout tournaments in three divisions.
- Plus – 15 (Gold), 16 – 21 (Silver), 22 – 36 (Bronze)
- Handicap allowance full difference in handicap
- Maximum of 64 competitors per division
If a player’s handicap increases and is outside the limit of the division, she must play off the maximum handicap in that division. If a player’s handicap reduces and is below the handicap range, she must stay in the division but play off her new handicap.
Matches must be played under the Tees and Greens of the Day Rule and commence from the 1st Tee where possible.
Semi Finals and Finals will be played on neutral courses (See below . Finalists and semi-finalists will be placed in opposite sides of the draw the following year .
2. COMPETITION ENTRY: Entry is made on -line from Up Coming Competitons on the Home page.
3. THE DRAW: Each round is drawn and in the first round the player at the top of the draw will have home advantage. In subsequent rounds home/away will be drawn. Where a player has two consecutive home/away draws, they will automatically be drawn to play home/away in the following round. Unless their opponent is in the same position, when a draw will be made in the usual way.
4. WHERE A CLUB HAS MORE THAN ONE COURSE: The course on which the match is to be played must be agreed when the match is arranged and this must be upheld.
5. GREEN FEES: If a green fee has to be paid it will be shared between the players.
6. CADDIES: Are not permitted, until the final.
7. BUGGIES: Only allowed on production of a medical certificate and the BUGGIES Competition Organiser must be notified. See Use of Buggies
8. ARRANGING MATCHES: It is the responsibility of each player to know the closing date for each round The home player must make contact and offer both midweek and weekend dates spread over not less than two weeks and contact their opponent within two weeks of the relevant draw date. If she fails to do this, the opponent may claim the home draw.
9. COMPLETION DATES: Each round must be completed on time, no extensions will be given.
10. SUBSTITUTES: No substitutes will be allowed.
11. RESULTS: The match result should be submitted as soon a possible using the Results Submission form on the ELCGA Website. If the match is played on the last date, the result must be submitted immediately.
12. SEMI FINALS: Will be played at a neutral course, the venue to be decided by the Organiser. The first named player must make contact with their opponent as soon as possible to arrange a mutually convenient date and time for the match to be played, giving at least one midweek and one weekend date. Three possible dates should be agreed and then one of the players should contact the club where the match is to be played at to arrange the round. The match must be played by the closing date.
13. FINALS DAY: All three Finals will take place on a course and date specified by ELCGA in the presence of referees from ELCGA.
15. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS: PLEASE REFER TO THE ELCGA RULES 2021
16. PRACTICE ROUNDS Please note it is the County’s policy that courtesy rounds may not be requested at any time.
Please also see Rules and Conditions of Play
The organiser for these competitions is Anne Coventry