The ELCGA are delighted to be signatories to the R&A Women in Golf Charter. The R&A launched the Women in Golf Charter in 2018, supported by England Golf.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE CHARTER?
- To encourage more woman and girls to play the game and join clubs
- To inspire more families to enjoy golf as a group leisure activity
- To open up more opportunities for women to work within the golf industry
THE ELCGA CHARTER
As signatories to this Charter the ELCGA have comitted to:
- Developing and implementing an internal strategy for enhancing gender balance at every level.
- Establishing senior management responsibility and accountability for gender balance and inclusion, which is discussed and reviewed at committee/board level with ELCGA.
- Strongly advocating more women and girls playing and working in golf.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and embed a more inclusive culture.
- Promoting the Charter and our goal of encouraging more women and girls to play golf and work in golf.
Please click here to read the ELCGA's full Charter Committments and how they will be implemented.
We have appointed Kate Moss to be our Charter Champion - you may recognise her as the Bronze Shield Organiser!
HOW TO GET YOUR CLUB INVOLVED
These Essex Clubs have already signed up to the Charter!
Braintree Golf Club • Burnham-on-Crouch Golf Club • Chigwell Golf Club • Epping Golf Club • Rochford Hundred Golf Club • Romford Golf Club • Royal Epping Forest Golf Club • Southend on Sea Golf Club • Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa • Theydon Bois Golf Club • Wanstead Golf Club
The ELCGA would enourage all Essex Clubs to sign up the Charter and England Golf have created a toolkit to help you do this and here are the steps you need to take
- Download the England Golf 's Women in Golf Toolkit
- Register your Club's interest in becoming a signatory to the Charter using the on-line form.
- You will need to appoint your own Charter Champion.
- England Golf have a step-by-step guide to your club becoming a signatory, but we recommend that you contact Helen Tarttelin as well. Helen is the Club Support Officer for Essex and Middlesex. She will provide support and guide you through drafting and finalising your own Charter committments. She can also provide support to help you deliver your committments.
- Once your Charter is finalised England Golf will send you your Women in Golf Certificate, which will look very much like ours