The closing date for this competition is Sunday 20 January 2019.
Entrants must be a member of a Golf Club affiliated to the Essex Ladies County Golf Association (ELCGA) with a current competition handicap 22 -36. The competition is limited to a maximum of 64 entrants. Entrants will be asked to provide their CDH number when entering the competition.
The completion dates for each round are:
Round 1 - Sunday 31 March 2019
Round 2 – Sunday 19May 2019
Round 3 – Sunday 30 June 2019
Quarter Finals – Sunday 11 August 2019
Semi-Finals – Sunday 22 September 2019 – played on a neutral course (see Rules)
The Final will be played on Sunday 6 October 2019 on a course to be determined by the ELCGA.
No extensions will be given. Please do not enter the competition if for any reason you think you will be unavailable to play in the Final.
The draws for each round will be available at County Competitions on the ELCGA website and also emailed to players.
The entry fee for this competition is £5. Once you have completed the on-line sign up your entry fee should be sent by bank transfer as soon as possible to:
Account: Essex Ladies County Golf Association
Account No: 69501968
Sort Code: 30-90-91
Give your initial, last name and the competition code KOB
If your entry fee has not been received by the competition closing date you will be removed from the draw. (See Entering Competitions and Use of Buggies for further information)
1. Players must have a current competition handicap and be a member of a club affiliated to the ELCGA. No player may represent more than one club during the course of the event.
2. Each player is responsible for playing off the correct handicap.
3. The player at the top of the draw will have home advantage in the first round only. In subsequent rounds there will be a draw to decide Home or Away. Should a player have 2 consecutive home/away draws, then they will automatically play home/away in the following round – unless their opponent is in the same position, when a draw will be made in the usual way. No substitutes are allowed.
4. Each match will be 18 holes match play full handicap difference played to a conclusion.
5. Caddies are not allowed until the Final.
6. Matches must be played under the Tees and Greens of the Day Rule and commence from the 1st Tee where possible.
7. Where a Club has more than one course, the course to be played must be agreed when the match is arranged and this agreement must be upheld.
8. If the home player’s Club requires a green fee to be paid it must be shared between the players.
9. It is the responsibility of each player to know completion date for each round. The home player should make contact first and offer both midweek and weekend dates spread over not less than two weeks and contact their opponent within two weeks of the relevant draw date. If they fails to do this, the opponent may claim the home draw.
10. Players should be as flexible as possible when arranging dates and times for matches; bearing in mind travelling times and each other’s working or family arrangements.
11. If a player’s handicap increases and is outside the limit of the division (Plus – 15 (Gold), 16 – 21 (Silver), 22 – 36 (Bronze)) they must play off the maximum handicap in that division. If a player’s handicap reduces and is below the handicap range, they may stay in the division but play off their new handicap.
12. The Semi Finals will be played on a neutral course to be to be decided by the ELCGA. The first named player should contact with their opponent as soon as possible and arrange a mutually convenient date and time for the match to be played, giving at least one midweek and one weekend date. Three possible dates should be agreed and then one of the players should contact the club where the match is to be played at to arrange the round. The match must be played by the closing date.
13. All three County Knockout Finals will be played on Sunday 6 October 2019 on a course to be decided by the ELCGA in the presence of ELCGA referees. The winners and runners-up will receive a prize voucher.
14. The match result should be submitted as soon as possible using the Results Submission form on the ELCGA Website.
15. Once the match has started if a thunderstorm or other adverse weather conditions prevent play, players should mark their balls, return to the Clubhouse or take shelter and resume play as soon as possible. If the course remains closed for the day, the match shall be rearranged and play shall commence on the tee of the incomplete hole. Original Handicaps prevail.
16. It is ELCGA policy that courtesy rounds may not be requested at any time.
The contact for this competition is Anne Coventry (07976877231)