These Guidelines should be read in conjunction with the ELCGA Rules 2021
1. FORMAT: The ELCGA runs three KO competitions for junior girls. The Logan Trophy (handicap max 18) , The Hitchcock Trophy (handicap indexes 18.5 - 36.4) and the Hunter Foursomes (Adult over 25 handicap index max 23.5, Junior handicap indexmax 36.4). ( See Competiton Formats for more details)
All players must have a current handicap index and be a member of a club affiliated to the ELCGA. No player may represent more than one club during the course of the event.
If a player’s handicap index increases and is outside the limit of the Competition, they must play off the maximum handicap index in that division. If a player’s handicap index reduces and is below the handicap index range, they may stay in the Competition but play off their new handicap index.
Matches must be played under the Tees and Greens of the Day Rule and commence from the 1st Tee where possible.
2. COMPETITION ENTRY: Entry is made online from County Competitions.
3. THE DRAW: Each round is drawn and in the first round the player at the top of the draw will have home advantage. In subsequent rounds home/away will be drawn. Where a player has two consecutive home/away draws, they will automatically be drawn to play home/away in the following round. Unless their opponent is in the same position, when a draw will be made in the usual way.
4. SUBSTITUTES: No substitutes will be allowed.
5. COMPLETION DATES:
Each round must be completed by the date given at the top of the draw. Semi finals and finals will be played on neutral courses to be advised by the County Organiser.
6. It is the responsibility of each player to know completion date for each round. The home player should make contact first. Players should be as flexible as possible when arranging dates and times for matches; bearing in mind travelling times and each other’s work and family arrangements.
7. CLUBS WITH MORE THAN ONE COURSE: The course on which the match is to be played must be agreed when the match is arranged and this must be upheld.
8. GREEN FEES: If a green fee has to be paid it will be shared between the players.
9. CADDIES: Are not permitted.
10. SPECTATORS: Are encouraged but they must not communicate with the players in any way. Continued abuse of this rule could result in disqualification.
11. BUGGIES: Only allowed on production of a medical certificate and the Competition Organiser must be notified. See Use of Buggies
12. RESULTS: The match result should be submitted as soon a possible using the Junior KOs Results Form. If the match is played on the last date, the result must be submitted immediately.
13. SEMI FINALS: Will be played at a neutral course, the venue to be decided by the Organiser. The first named player must make contact with their opponent as soon as possible to arrange a mutually convenient date and time for the match to be played, giving at least one midweek and one weekend date. Three possible dates should be agreed and then one of the players should contact the club where the match is to be played at to arrange the round. The match must be played by the closing date.
14. FINALS DAY: See 5. above. The finals will be played on a neutral course to be decided by the Organiser.
16. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS: PLEASE REFER TO THE ELCGA RULES 2021
17. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Please note it is the County’s policy that courtesy rounds may not be requested at any time.
Please also see Rules and Conditions of Play
The organiser for these competitions is Anne Coventry - click here to email Anne