1. FORMAT: All players must have a competition handicap and be a member of a club affiliated to the ELCGA. No player may represent more than one club during the course of the event.
Individual Knockout tournaments in three divisions.
Plus – 15 (Gold), 16 – 21 (Silver), 22 – 36 (Bronze)
Handicap allowance full difference in handicap
Maximum of 64 competitors per division
If a player’s handicap increases and is outside the limit of the division, they must play off the maximum handicap in that division. If a player’s handicap reduces and is below the handicap range, they must stay in the division but play off their new handicap.
Matches must be played under the Tees and Greens of the Day Rule and commence from the 1st Tee where possible.
Semi Finals and Finals will be played on neutral courses Finalists and semi-finalists will be placed in opposite sides of the draw the following year.
2. COMPETITION ENTRY: Entry is made on -line from Up Coming Competitons on the Home page.
3. THE DRAW: Each round is drawn and in the first round the player at the top of the draw will have home advantage. In subsequent rounds home/away will be drawn. Where a player has two consecutive home/away draws, they will automatically be drawn to play home/away in the following round. Unless their opponent is in the same position, when a draw will be made in the usual way.
4. SUBSTITUTES: No substitutes will be allowed.
5. COMPLETION DATES:
Each round must be completed on time, no extensions will be given.
- 1st Round Sunday 31st March 2019
- 2nd Round Sunday 19th May 2019
- 3rd Round Sunday 30th June 2019
- Quarter Finals Sunday 11th August 2019
- Semi-Final Sunday 22nd September 2019
- Final Day Sunday 6th October venue to be advised
6. ARRANGING MATCHES: It is the responsibility of each player to know the closing date for each round The home player must make contact and offer both midweek and weekend dates spread over not less than two weeks and contact their opponent within two weeks of the relevant draw date. If she fails to do this, the opponent may claim the home draw.
7. CLUBS WITH MORE THAN ONE COURSE: The course on which the match is to be played must be agreed when the match is arranged and this must be upheld.
8. GREEN FEES: If a green fee has to be paid it will be shared between the players.
9. CADDIES: Are not permitted, until the final.
10. BUGGIES: Only allowed on production of a medical certificate and the Competition Organiser must be notified. See Use of Buggies
11. RESULTS: The match result should be submitted as soon a possible using the County KO Results Form on this page . If the match is played on the last date, the result must be submitted immediately.
12. SEMI FINALS: Will be played at a neutral course, the venue to be decided by the Organiser. The first named player must make contact with their opponent as soon as possible to arrange a mutually convenient date and time for the match to be played, giving at least one midweek and one weekend date. Three possible dates should be agreed and then one of the players should contact the club where the match is to be played at to arrange the round. The match must be played by the closing date.
13. FINALS DAY: All three Finals will take place on Sunday 6th October at a venue to b decided by the Organiser in the presence of referees from ELCGA.
15. THUNDERSTORMS: In the event of a storm players should mark their balls, return to the Clubhouse or take shelter and resume play as soon as possible. If the course remains closed for the day, the match shall be rearranged and play shall commence on the tee of the incomplete hole. Original Handicaps prevail.
16. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Please note it is the County’s policy that courtesy rounds may not be requested at any time.
Please also see Rules and Conditions of Play
The organiser for these competitions is Anne Coventry - firstname.lastname@example.org